Featured Case Study
NYLI Member Survey
Law Library Management, Incorporated (LLM) was engaged by The New York Law Institute (NYLI), a membership law library approaching their 190th Anniversary, in order to conduct a member survey to inform their strategy, goals, and plans for future services, collections, and location. LLM designed, deployed, analyzed, and reported the results of this detailed survey of the New York Law Institute members and staff and produced a final report document which included findings, analysis, and recommendations for future action.
Featured Case Study
Library Collection Audit Project Case Study
Law Library Management, Incorporated (LLM) was engaged by an AM Law 25 firm to complete a library collection audit and analysis. The audit included both print and online resources of the firm's U.S. offices.
Through detailed analysis by a team of law librarians, LLM identified areas of overlap in the coverage of similar subject matter from multiple resources both print and online. Opportunities for right sizing the collection were identified for the firm and specific recommendations were offered. The project as conceived and implemented consisted of four phases; Discovery, Analysis, Findings, Recommendations.
- 100 attorney firm outsources their head librarian, research librarian and custom library management software. Oversight of firm’s library personnel and supplemental staff is provided by our company to seamlessly manage the library.
- 115 attorney multiple office firm outsources entire library staff including custom library software.
- On-demand research expertise of all fee based electronic services as well as free web sources is provided remotely by our experienced research team replacing a full time position due to firm downsizing.
- 200 attorney firm wished to maximize online resources by utilizing our company to analyze and develop research training strategies and approach particular to the firm’s practice.
- Major corporate legal department rebalances the library by reducing print subscriptions, discarding reporters and maintaining online resources.
- Major law firm wished to audit the entire library operation with respect to resources, staffing and library automation.
- Major corporate legal department needs custom software to track litigation matters from Service of Process to settlement and storage across incompatible systems.
- Major law firm converts Microsoft Access library system to HOLMES ILS.